1) 1 TBSP. sugar ( a sugar substitute is not recommended)
2) 1 TBSP. water
3) 1 TBSP. reduced-sodium soy sauce
4) 2 tsp. cider vinegar
5) 1 - 2 tsp. sriracha sauce
6) 2 tsp. olive oil
7) 1 8oz. package whole fresh button mushrooms
8) 8 miniature sweet peppers
9) 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
A) For sauce, in a small bowl stir together the first five ingredients.
B) Add oil to a non-stick 10 inch skillet and heat until medium hot. Add mushrooms and sweet peppers; cook 8 - 10 minutes or until vegetables begin to char, stirring once or twice. Add sauce; cook until slightly reduced. Add tomatoes; cook 1 minute more, stirring to coat vegetables with sauce. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Note: This may also be done over a campfire or grill using a cast- iron skillet.
Servings = 4
Calories per serving = 1/4 cup each = 64
Dr. Gerfin blogs about all kinds of medical issues and provides healthy recipes.